SUPPORTING PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Training youth, adults, and seniors with disabilities to learn how to drive or regain their eligibility to drive in BC.
Through CDTC Rehab Centre, we are committed to providing inclusive driver training practices to prepare drivers with the necessary knowledge and skills to become independent and safe drivers.
Our training extends to all persons with diverse-abilities; a disability does not always define a person’s ability to continue to drive or learn how to drive. Our qualified instructors work together with a Certified Driver Rehab Specialist to provide on-road driver assessments, as well as recommendations for modified vehicle equipment, when appropriate.
We address any physical, cognitive, or learning issues that may impair a persons driving, and together, we develop a plan to support each person’s unique needs.
- Arrange driver assessments with a Certified Driver Rehab Specialist
- Access to company vehicle equipped with driving aids
- Customize training schedules
- Liaison with ICBC to book road tests
- On-site simulator training
- Train clients to operate modified controls and equipment
- Tutor clients to pass knowledge tests and learn course material
- Supply and install modified vehicle equipment